Will Your VA Doctor Help You with Your Social Security Disability Claim? | Brandon Social Security Disability Lawyer

The answer used to be “NO!” While you could always get your medical records from the VA and give the records to Social Security, VA doctors simply refused to fill out the Medical Source Statements that are crucial to the success of any social security disability claim.

The VA has issued VHA Directive 207-024 (September 11, 2007), “Provision of Medical Statements and Completion of Forms by¬† VA Health Care Providers” which authorizes and requires VA Medical staff to complete Medical Source Statements.

If the VA refuses, cite this directive. It is available at http://www.1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1593.

For more help contact us here.

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.